About the 🏨 Hotel Accessibility category

The hotel accessibility category is for topics about accessibility at hotels, motels and resorts.

For example:

• requesting an accessible hotel room
  • kinds of features available in accessible rooms
  • recommended hotels for great accessibility
  • accessibility for hotel conferences & meetings

Please read the community guidelines before posting anything.

If you need help, reach out to a moderator or accessibleGO staff member.

Happy posting!

part of the problem we have had…is we book on the web sites stating we needed wheelchair accessible room. We get to the hotels and the bathroom is patial accessible. the Bed is too high to transfer him from chair to bed… When we had traveled in July β€” first hotel was a Holiday Inn off of I-65 we booked what the web said was a total accessible room. The Bathroom was accessible …but the room itself which should of been a Suite was cramped and hard to move a wheel chair around. I was told that was the only room available for wheelchair user. it was in Kentucky just north of the TN border.

The second hotel we state at was a Fairfield :Inns and Suite. – The one small issue we had was the height of the bed. It was lower than our frist hotel stay at Holiday inn. The shower was not usable since it was part of a tub. we needed a roll in shower. However β€” highly recommend this place. pet friendly and the staff was awesome.

On the way home we stopped in Knoxville off of i-75 the hotel we reserved a all accessible room. However the Clerk β€” changed it to a regular room before we got there stating that people tend to book these room without actually needing them. It was three rooms before we actually got a room I could move his wheelchair around in. still Cramped.