Accessibility Equipment Shows or Conferences

Does anyone know of Accessibility Equipment Shows or Conferences in the USA?

1 Like

Following because I would like to go to one.

1 Like

Travelability recommends Abilities Expo, held in seven cities around North America: www.abilities.com

1 Like

Kansas City, MO has restarted their conference. I can’t remember the name of it, but if you contact Ability KC in Kansas City, MO they should be able to give you the info. They didn’t have it during the height of the pandemic and only this year restarted it. It looks like a great event. I wasn’t able to go when I lived there.

1 Like

There was one in Scottsdale, Arizona this last weekend. I’m in a wheelchair and I wanted to go but I don’t have any friends to ask to take me and it was too far to be taken in a medical transport vehicle.

Abilities Expos are held across the country

2 Likes

The Abilities Expo does a yearly expo in different states.

1 Like

The SC Spinal Cord Asso pubkushes a nafqzine and I recall an expo being held in Chicago. I recall seeing new technology such as voice recognition for locks do you didn’t need a key or even numeric code. These expo’s were being held around the country but I didn’t see any in the southeast near my location. I recall Abilities.com as a source

2 Likes

Highly recommend the Abilities Expo. They went online during the pandemic, but hopefully are returning to live events. They go to many major cities. I attended many in Boston. Everyone should go (it is free) to see what is available and what people can do! Go. And drag everyone you know with you!!!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the info. Very helpful!

1 Like

yes–i hear there was one in Indianapolis last year–im also looking for the same.