Accessible Excursions Help

Question from community member Robin:

My husband is a paraplegic (can take a few steps with crutches) and we struggle with Excursions. Usually any group trip designed for disabled people are for seniors. We would like to travel with people our own age 50’s… would like to go on beaches.

Hi!
All Abilities Group Cruises are for all ages. It is run by your age peers.
Example: There is a cruise leaving 27 January, 2019, and there is a beach excursion in Cozumel, Mexico.
This cruise will be blogged on accessiblego for the community.
For further info on their group cruises, adventure travel, or get on their interest list;
allabilitiesgrouptravel@yahoo.com

Whoops!
Made a mistake!
Their contact info is
allabilitiesgrouptravel@yahoo.com
Sorry!

Virginia Beach has accessible beaches and boardwalks out into the sand, they also rent those same wheelchairs as well, check out their info online

Check with the cruise lines

My BFF and I are hoping to go on a Cruise to the Western Caribbean leaving from Galveston, Texas. We would like to Cruise during the month of April in 2020 on a 7 day trip.
I’m afraid we are going to be stuck on the Ship the whole time with the exception of the Port at Cozumel. We figured we could get off and wonder thru the shops right there in the Port. Maybe do a little Souvenir shopping for friends and family.
I just can’t seem to find anything else to do. He’s a double amputee and I have Degenerative Joint Disease affecting my weight bearing joints. I’ve had 48 surgeries to fix & repair stuff thru the years.
So, while we both do get around, it’s not very well. I’m pretty sure we will be ok for short distances in Port but unsure of our abilities to walk the beaches because it’s not level and steady.
If anyone has any ideas for thing’s we can do in the Ports of Call, Please let me know so I can check it out and discuss it together before our actual trip is in the reservation planning stages. We are supposed to put our deposit in on February 4th, 2019. But, I just don’t know what to do as far as the Excursions.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thank You in advance!
Jenni

Hey cruise lovers (@kdragnfli78 @cyranelle @dhbooks @kmnegvesky) do you have any advice for @gracejellybean for her upcoming cruise? They have to put down a deposit in the next week for the cruise. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! Here’s her post about cruising in the Western Caribbean.

A lot would depend on the itinerary so your best bet is if you send me the itinerary I can take a look at it and tell you what excursions are good ones for you to go on my email address is Dhenderson@cruiseshipcenters.com.