Accessible Puerto Vallarta hotels?

From a member of our community:

I’m going to Puerto Vallarta in February and finding it very difficult to determine what hotels offer for accessibility. I am a c6 quaddriplegic using a manual wheelchair. I am very independent and the most important need for a room is bed height and an accessible bathroom. My preference would be to find something less touristy that offers a partial/kitchen. I’ve been to PV once before and I’ve searched 100’s of hotel options-ocean view is important along with preference to be closer to either the Malecon or the marina. My intent is to find a place reasonably priced. Does anyone have recommendations?

Mexican hotels are not built with the handicapped in mind. We found a hotel with an elevator only to learn it does not reach the swimming pool/beach level or the restaurant. Bathroomswere a nightmare. I was informed you must find an American
type newish build. Something like a Hilton or Marriott. Good news though is somewhere in the area. Is a wheelchair accessible beach complete with beach going wheelchairs that can be taken into the water.

Yes, I was hoping to ne more adventurous and stay away from the more expensive hotels. Any idea the name/location of that beach?

This a place to rent equipment…you can ask them, if you need a special vehicle to provide transportation I believe they provide this also. Go online and look for handicap accessible hotels in p.v. I saw a list of ten or so resorts and hotels