Accessible resort recommendations?

From a member of our community:

I’m looking for an accessible resort that caters to wheelchair using individuals. It doesn’t have to be in the United States. I am not looking for an excursion but a place that has a spectacular view and great food and drink. Anyone have any recommendations?

If you are looking for adventure then Barcelona has a place called Mics Sant Jordi that specifically targeted for people in wheelchairs. There is also a great place in the Canary Islands targeted for pacifically for people in wheelchairs although I haven’t been true that one.
It’s sad to say the Caribbean is not quite yet really disabled Focus although there are some exceptions.

I went to a resort that would have met this criteria. It was in the Dominican Republic and openly advertised accessibility and had matching relevant reviews. Unfortunately, when I got there, renovations and the one elevator that made all this work was out of service. I saw the beach from my room’s balcony, didn’t have access to the all inclusive bars, heard the activities below, etc. So, my advice is look not only for accessibility but also for backup plans.

Christopher

Check out: https://www.marriotthawaii.com/hotels/waikoloa-beach-marriott-resort-spa/.
Good food
Attentive staff
Pools and hot tubs with lifts
Sandy beach
Working elevators
Nearby shops

We visit the JW Marriott in Guanacaste Costa Rica every year. It is beautiful, great food, and accessible.

Joel Gilgoff

Sedona, AZ