Accessible RV Sites

From a community member:

We have a 13 year old daughter with Rett Syndrome (she is non-verbal and non-ambulatory). We also care for my 97 year old grandfather who uses a walker, along with myself, my husband and our 2 young sons. We have a toy hauler for travel and would be very interested in mobility accessible sites for RV’ing.

Good morning. Any particular area that you are interested in? Type of things you like to do when RVing? Like outside wilderness type adventures, shopping or events like Disney type parks, beach or mountains? Give me some ideas what you are wishing to include. Have a great day.

PS Do you need water, electric and sewer hookups or do you have generator and completely self contained?

St. Vrain State Park in Loveland, CO has handicap spots that are very spacious, with fully paved drive-through pads with picnic table with its own awning. These sites have 50/30 electric, water, and sewer. There are small ponds all around the park. The cost per night is reasonable, and you pay a separate $9 per day for your vehicle so you can come and go freely. It’s pretty. It is right off of I-25 freeway. It’s at ~5,000 feet elevation. It is very close to town, convenient to restaurants, shopping, and medical care. Boulder is 15 minutes drive. Rocky Mountain National Park is about a 2 hour drive.

1 Like

Most campgrounds will accommodate you if you tell them at registration you need an ADA site. A)so, look at the National Park website recreation.gov.