Accessible taxi in San Francisco

From a member of our community:

We need transportation from the San Francisco airport to our hotel close to the seaport I travel with an Air Hawk foldable wheelchair. There will be 4 of us with our suitcases. Any suggestions for a reliable taxi service. Thank you

Hi Everyone,

I’m Pinky :woman_fairy:, one of the new Moderators here on the AccessibleGo Forum. My apologies for the delay in getting back to you with some help for transportation in San Francisco to get from the Airport to the Seaport. Hoping I caught you in time?

Good news, I have a few options for you :minibus:

(Just to advise; I have never used these companies):speak_no_evil:

1. Luxor Cab (SF Public Taxi Service): San Francisco is one of those fantastic cities that have wheelchair transportation at the same price as a regular taxi; with no additional fees for baggage. They provide a phone number for you to pre-arrange transportation and they will take you from the airport to the Cruise port. (415) 282-4141 :taxi:
  2. Wavtaxi (Private Transportation): This company is located in several cities on both coasts, but definitely have wheelchair transportation to accommodate the power chair, guests and luggage. Their website even allows you to request a quote and book, right online. 415-451-3300
  3. One Access Medical Transportation (Non-Emergency Patient Transportation): Bay area company that will transport you from airport to the cruise terminal in San Francisco. You can schedule a ride online or call them to discuss the details better at 510-648-2085
  4. Majestic Care Transportation (Non-Emergency Patient Transportation): Bay area company that you will need to contact by phone or email to make arrangements for transportation. 510-303-7822 or majesticcarenemt@gmail.com
  5. Non Emergency Medical Transportation (That’s their name too): Bay area company that you will need to contact by phone or online form to make arrangements for transportation. 415-625-2883

There are also about 100 accessible-medallion taxis throughout the city and at the SFO airport. My only worries about those are the mix of the power chair, 4 people and luggage. You definitely need a full size transport van to safely get all of you to the Seaport. :man_in_motorized_wheelchair:+ :luggage:+ :busts_in_silhouette: :busts_in_silhouette:= :bus:

Don’t forget to arrange your “reverse” trip with whichever company you use, before you go; in case you’re unable to call them from the ship. (Guessing a cruise?..So Jealous). Let me know if you need any other information and would be happy to help.

Have a great trip. :passenger_ship:

Keep on traveling everyone; It’s our world too! :wheelchair: :earth_americas:

-Pinky :kissing_heart:

1 Like