Accommodations in Mammoth, CA

From a member of our community:

It would be good to get recommendations for an AirBNB or any place in Mammoth

1 Like

Hi! There are plenty of great places! I just did a search on Airbnb and 300+ places popped up! I have never been there, so I am unsure of the best place to stay. I am unsure of your accessibility needs, but you can filter on Airbnb to what they are (step free entrance, accessible bathroom, etc). Also TripAdvisor is a great resource for guides of smaller cities like Mammoth. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g60791-Mammoth_Lakes_California-Vacations.html It looks like there are some good lodges to stay in too. Happy Traveling!

1 Like

Thank you so much for helping me with this. I’ll check out that website. If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it :wink:

Hey Suepasu,
It’s Pinky, one of the Forum Moderator’s here at AccessibleGO.

I wanted email you back with good news about finding a place on Airbnb for you, but of the 20 properties that listed having accessible features (and only 2 listed having more than one feature), NONE actually provided photos of those features :scream:. So unfortunately there is no way to even verify their accessible claims about their postings without contacting the properties directly :selfie:. And as Emily mentioned, we need to know a little more about what your needs are to be able to recommend for you. (I’m sorry about that)
I did want to forward you a link to this article from Airbnb about how to look for accessible listings: Searching Airbnb for Accessible Features ; I hope that helps a little? :hugs:
Unfortunately, over the last couple of years, the major push from Airbnb to manage their accessible listings better seems to have faded. At one-point years back they made a huge media circus on how they had hired an expert to come revamp their programs and start ensuring that listings who claimed to have accessible features, actually proved they had with putting a photo for each feature it claimed to have :camera:. They even promised to start visiting the properties to verify the listings claims to make sure the owner wasn’t confused about how they listed themselves. Oh well… another startup who forgot bout us little people after they got big. :woman_facepalming:
If there is anything else I can help with for looking in Mammoth, please let me know and I will do my best for you.
Please come back and tell us all about your trip afterwards, its always great encouragement to get more people traveling. :skier: :snowboarder:

Keep on traveling everyone; It’s our world too! :wheelchair: :earth_americas:

-Russell :kissing_heart:

Thanks so much Pinky. The main problem is being able to enter the front door of the place with a wheelchair and then interior door frames being wide enough to enter rooms.
I’ll check out the link you sent me - thanks