ADA Trails

Looking for information about ADA accessible trails in Rocky Mountain National Park, the Badlands and Black Hills areas of South Dakota, and Devil’s Tower in WY.

Alltrails.com has a filter for “wheelchair friendly” whatever that means. They cover the entire US. Each National Park’s website tells you about accessibility.

2 Likes

The trail around Sprague Lake in Rocky Mountain NP is accessible. There is also a “roll-in” ADA tent campsite there.

2 Likes

Hi Linda, its Pinky again; one of your Forum Moderator’s. I just recently was gathering some of this info for another Forum Member, but was mixed in with a lot of other information about the parks; so thought I would send you an abbreviated list to check on. Here you are:

As our Fabulous member Joy mentioned, Alltrails.com is an incredible resource for doing your trail searching. I always do a little “yelp” type searching too before going out on a trail to get more specific up-to-date information on the current quality of a trail, so that way I know if I will run into any issues along the way. (Nothing worse then getting caught halfway down a trail, only to discover your wheelchair is broken and your stranded.)

Speaking of… if you wouldn’t mind coming back after your adventure and telling us all about it and how those trails were you tried? Or any other details about the adventure? Were always excited to learn about new, “accessible” places to visit.

Thank you for coming to the Forum with your inquirer; its always a pleasure to be of help. Please come back often and bring us any other questions, comments, or whatever’s ti the Forum page,

• Keep on traveling everyone; It’s our world too! :wheelchair: :earth_americas:

• -Pinky :fairy: :kissing_heart:

Thank you for this specific list. Looking forward to adventuring and will definitely come back and share.

Linda

1 Like