Amputee Going to Thailand

Howdy Family!

i’m Mr. Q, an LBKA since 2018, based in Twentynine Palms, CA. I’m in the midst of planning a trip to Thailand with my wife and 9 yr old son. Never been, and would appreciate connecting with travellers that have spent time in the Land of Smiles.

I will be leaving in late June and plan on basing out of Hua Hin for about 3 months.

Drop your favorite eateries, condos, hotels, activities and attractions.

Obliged

Hi Eric! How exciting. I’ve been to Thailand once, and it was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on. I visited Bangkok, Changmai, and Phuket. I enjoyed all 3 so much as each was so different - city, mountains, and the beach. The trip was in 2019, so I’ll put below the things I remember!

Bangkok: I don’t remember where we stayed, but it was a wonderful hotel. We took the river taxi to get around. The highlights were definitely going to a cat cafe and getting very cheap Thai massages! And visiting the temples!

Changmai: We visited an elephant sanctuary where we were able to pet and ride elephants. And we did a wonderful cooking class at Siam Rice Cooking School, which was an amazing experience and good for all cooking levels. We had the BEST pad thai here - a place that was $3 per plate. Lemongrass

Phuket: I remember visiting the beach a ton, drinking the best mango smoothies, and eating at the night markets each night. We also did a kayaking tour to the James Bond Island which was beautiful.

We used TukTuks to get around quite a bit, which was fun! I can try to dig up more specific names of what I did if there’s something here that peaks your interest. We did a ton of research before we went. I am an ambulatory wheelchair user and don’t remember all of the details of accessibility. I know there were definitely quite a few hills in Changmai as its more of a mountain town.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Emily,

Thanks for taking the time to share with me details of your trip. I plan on visiting each of those destinations and intend to see a lot more, as i will be there for a while.

Please follow my journey, as I will be posting pics and updates on the page.