Assesible amusement parks and water parks across the world

Hello im looking for assesible amusement parks and water parks across the world for my two wheelchair bound children need help finding them please and thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @mpigford14 - here’s an article that we put together here at accessibleGO about accessible amusement and water parks in the US that may be of interest. We hope you find it helpful!

1 Like

Morgan’s Wonderland, San Antonio, Texas

3 Likes

Sorry just saw this. We live in Austin Texas and we’ve been going to San Antonio’s MORGANS WONDERLAND And MORGANS INSPIRATION ISLAND since they first opened about 11 yrs or so anywho please try it it’s Very accessible they cater to your every need it’s also the FIRST WATER PARK that’s wheelchair accessible Yes they have chairs that can get wet !!! Plus accessible bath and showers that are very accessible and adult friendly changing rooms. Plus anyone who has a Disabilities are FREEEE yes free they also have hotels that offer rates for Morgans visitors we usually stay at the Drury Hotel and they treat us like family. Look them up and enjoy. This is a 5 STAR Park in our book. The website is Morgan’s wonderland.com I really hope y’all enjoy the park as much as we do FYI I also believe they offer travel packages not sure since we’re only an hour away from them but I believe I read it in there website. Good luck and enjoy

3 Likes

Morgan’s Wonderland in san antonio, TX was fabulous. We went in June.
Contact Drury Inn they contract a discount with Morgan’s Wonderland and have amazing service.

1 Like

Hi ,welcome and Iam glad yall enjoyed it , we usaully stay at Drury off of Crestwind Dr. and they always treated us like family ! Glad you enjoyed it try visiting during the Christmas holidays :slight_smile: :blush:

1 Like

We went to Morgan’s Wonderland a few years ago and LOVED it! Total gamechanger for our family!
You’ll want to keep an eye on Spirit of Discovery Park in St. Louis…it will be the world’s second inclusive/fully accessible theme park, plus a greenhouse, etc.

2 Likes

Hi mpigford14, I’m Pinky :fairy:; one of your Forum Moderator’s. Welcome to our wonderful Forum here at AccessibleGo. As you can see, so many of our members have such wonderful ideas and are so helpful to each other. I’ve learned so much from everyone on here.
I wanted to throw a couple suggestions in the ring for you:

Walt Disney World: Orlando, FL & Anaheim, CA - Disney has a great website that breaks down what each ride requires out of their participants and they h ave rides of all types of accessibility. Plus, Disney still has it’s “[Disability Access Service] (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disability-access-service/)” for guests with difficulties waiting in lines. Little different from the old program that allo wed you to go right onto a ride (which was abused by people faking needing a wheelchair in order to skip the lines); but still works. You can even use your phone to to reserve your return times for the rid es.

Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari: (S anta Claus, IN) - Both theme and water parks, they also have put together a fantastic guide on what is Accessible in the parks you can ac cess on this page. I am not as familiar with these, but they sounds great.

Hershey Park: (Hershey, PA) - After you get done stocking up on Candy from the Hershey store, come check out the Amusement Park. They also have an Accessibility Guide available on their website. Watch out for the great Halloween Party coming up soon.

ZooAmerica: (Hershey, PA) - A Great way to see all of wildlife of North America and right next to Hershey Park (so a 2-fer for activities). They also have a page for info on their Accessibility guide

I hope this helps a little along with the other suggestions from our outstanding Forum members? Please let us know if these don’t work for you and we can try some other ideas to see if they work better for you.

Please let us know too how the trips went if you don’t mind? We appreciate all the feedback from folks when they travel to help the rest of the members on the site.

Have a Fabulous trip,
Pinky :fairy: