Best Southern California Hotels on the Beach

We live in Arizona and haven’t traveled anywhere since the pandemic. We need to see, feel, and hear the ocean. We would appreciate any recommendations. I have done my own research but would really like some first-hand knowledge recommendations. All we need to do is to be able to get in the room with a wheelchair. We can usually make any room work for us. Thank you

1 Like

My daughter, granddaughter and great granddaughter just returned from Navarre Beach, FL. Sorry, no recommendation in CA but I bet they are similar. You may rent a beach wheelchair if you have someone to push you. It worked fine for me and the sand in Navarre is quite soft. Our condo had an elevator and all sorts of ramps. Bet you can find condo in CA! Wishing you a delightful vacation.

We live in Utah and for our first trip after lockdown we went to Santa Barbara. I would highly recommend it. We had an ocean view room across from the beach. We stayed at the Hilton Beachfront and there were other hotels nearby that looked lovely. The city has two beach wheelchairs that you can reserve which help get us down to the waters edge. One of the wheelchairs is manual and the other was electric. The zoo was lots of fun and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend it.

San Diego is awesome. There is so much to do. There are several great beaches. In addition to that, Old Town is accessible, as is the Zoo. Many hotels are appropriate, you won’t have trouble finding one that fits what you are looking for.

San Diego has it all and is very accessible… probably one of the most accessible places I have been as a wheelchair user…

1 Like

What part of Arizona? My daughter and I are moving there in a few months. Have you ever thought about a cruise? Some cruise lines are very accommodating

We did a cruise on the Carnival Sunrise
One of the stops was Half Moon Cay, the carnival island. The beach is beautiful and they have an accessible beach chair.

I live in Navarre fl you can fine a lot of places that are handicap accessible and they have beach and water chairs for that you can uses that someone can push you or your drive yourself. Look up beach wheelchair rentals.