Booking proof

Once I book something, is there any documentation that is needed once we arrive??

I made a reservation for a wheelchair accessible room with a roll-in shower and pre-paid more for that room. When I went to check-in in July 2022 the desk clerk tried to give me an inaccessible room by saying the information they had did not specify the type of room I needed. From now on I am getting a confirmation showing the room I reserved to present at check-in.

I agree with Joe. I made the reservations for my wife’s accessibility. Even confirming over the phone we arrived to a Four Points in San Rafael, Ca. that also lacked our requirements. All the local hotels were booked for an auto race that weekend. It was a tough two nights until the roll-in shower and grab-bar toilet became available… They also had the wrong email address for my reservation. I realized it’s up to me to insist on written documentation.

Hi hi! Emily here from accessibleGO. This is a huge reason for the creation of accessibleGO, as we know that this is the experience of many disabled people and not getting the room they request. At accessibleGO, when you book through us, we will call the hotel on your behalf to ensure you are getting the room you request.

We currently have up to 55 data points on 6000 hotels in 125+ US cities, and are always adding more!

1 Like

Thank you Emily. Sounds like a great service.