Charleston, SC Ideas?

Hi! I’m going to in Charleston, SC this summer for about a day and wondered if anyone had suggestions of things to do? I use a power wheelchair and would prefer to stay in it, but am able to transfer if needed. My parents and I are interested in historical tours. I’m not sure what else would be good to do there?

1 Like

That is one of my favorite places to visit. I use a power scooter and I love to visit the slave market and also rainbow row. Battery Park is another place that you can go and you’ll see all historic and beautiful homes. I suggest you go on your own tour of those places so it will be at your pace. If you want to take a horse and buggy ride I think they will let you keep your chair in the horse barn. You may also consider a boat tour of Charleston Harbor. You can purchase a buggy ride and a boat tour together at a discounted price. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Thank you for this great question! accessibleGO has compiled a ton of great resources about Charleston, here’s the city page which includes articles like top 10 things to do, local directories and more.

https://accessiblego.com/city/Charleston/South%20Carolina/United%20States