Cruise Ship

I just came back from a cruise to Rome and Greece on the Norwegian escape. The ship was very accommodating and helpful. The handicap room was fantastic extra large bathing with a shower and a seat handrails around extra large deck. Just be sure that if you book to be taken to the ship you also book to get off of the ship. I used scooter around to get a scooter on the ship which was awesome. They delivered it to the state room picked it up after.

1 Like

Hi… we are thinking of doing a Mediterranean cruise and I was wondering if you did any ship organized excursions at any of the ports? I use a wheelchair and when my wife and I cruise we love to go out and see the local area. We just did a Norwegian Fjord cruise in May and there were a couple of ports with no “accessible” shore activities. Wondering if eastern Mediterranean is better from an access perspective

Hi Cycleboy99; It’s Pinky, one of your Forum moderator’s. I saw your post about trying to find some accessible activities for taking Mediterranean cruise and was curious if there were any particular iteneriers you were looking at as a possible cruise? We would be happy to find you some suggestions for non-cruise line sponsored accessible activities, but I need to find out which cities your cruise would possibly visit because all the ships go to so many different destinations.

I do want to warn you though, a lot of the ports of calls are either in very old cities that were never designed to accommodate wheelchairs and/or the ports only allow ships to tender and may not have a way to transport a wheelchair to shore. Does not mean there are not itineraries that would be perfect for your needs; just so many possible choices in the summer that I need your help to narrow down some of the options to check on. Plus, I want to find you some better options then just sitting on a long, hot, bus tour for the whole day.

Just let me know Cycleboy and will check for you on those cruise ports of call.

• Keep on traveling everyone; It’s our world too! :wheelchair: :earth_americas:

• -Pinky :fairy: :kissing_heart: