Getting around in Maui

I am going to Maui Oct 4th and want to be excited but instead so stresses about so many things I might not be able to do. I can’t walk far and can’t find any info on trails there that are scooter accessible. Also what restaurants are scooter/ walker friendly. I really want to be able to do things. If anyone has been to Maui recently and can give me some insight it would be great. Thank you

I found this information on Maui Hawaii web site, In Hawaiʻi, we take pride in being a welcoming place for all travelers. The Hawaiʻi.gov/dcab/">Disability and Communication Access Board (DCAB) of the Hawaiʻi State Department of Health has compiled a list of Hawaiʻi.gov/dcab/community-resources/visitors/" target=“_blank”>Hawaiʻi Traveler Tips for Kauaʻi, Maui, Molokaʻi, Oʻahu and the island of Hawaiʻi, with a comprehensive list of transportation options, equipment rentals, service animals and more. The DCAB website also provides information on Hawaiʻi.gov/dcab/Community-Resources/Emergency/" target=“_blank”>emergency preparedness and Hawaiʻi.gov/dcab/parking/" target=“_blank”>parking for persons with disabilities.

Thank you for this post! We are so glad to hear from you. accessibleGO has created guides for the top 30 cities in the US, here is our guide for Maui. We’d be glad to answer any questions you have and also call hotels for you to check if they have the accessibility features you need.

We welcome responses from our community members to share their personal recommendations!

1 Like