Hello I’m glad to have found this

My name is George and I’m married to the best woman in the world my wife Brenda she is not only my wife but she is also my nurse because she is actually an RN. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2008 while serving in the Army. I didn’t want to except it because it ended my military career. It has now been 14 years since I was diagnosed. I have been getting a little better and worse at the same time, but without her by my side I would be worse. The last time I was actually able to travel was in 2013 when I could walk we went to Jamaica for our honeymoon a couple of years after that I lost my ability to walk. I am now using a scooter, power chair, manual wheelchair and a walker I guess you can say I have it all for mobility but what I want most is to walk again.

3 Likes

Welcome. I hope you find some great travel tips and some wonderful hotels while you are here.

2 Likes

I hear ya, George. Your wife sounds amazing. I feel the same way about my hubby. The feedback I read on this site is great. And the hotel information is very helpful. I hope you two get another trip soon.

2 Likes

It truly sounds like you have suffered and experienced trauma. I am so pleased the person who supports you and helps you, loves you too!
I hope though connections on this website that both of you may enjoy again, the joy of traveling together!!!

1 Like

Wish I could find someone as fortunate as you have found in your wife. It tough to go through this alone.

2 Likes

Hi George! Welcome to our community, and thank you for your service! My name is Emily, and I am one of the forum moderators. I am an ambulatory wheelchair user, as I can walk for short distances on my knees. I also love, love to travel.

We’re glad you found our forum, and we’re excited to help get you traveling again!