Hotel accessibility

Can I get some recommendations for a nice handicapped accessible hotel in Dublin, Ireland that is very close to nice places to dine also other than just at the hotel itself. The Hampton Inn in Dublin is nice and handicapped accessible but is very limited on nearby dining other than at the hotel. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Try disabledfriendlyhotels.com.

Hello,
In 2019 we stayed at the Academy Plaza Hotel and at the Holiday Inn express both on O?Connell Street in Dublin. Both are very close to some nice restaurants and bars. You might want to contact them directly to make sure the wheelchair accommodations fit your specific needs. It worked well for me.
Good luck!
Lilly

1 Like

Hello! My suggestion for an accessible hotel with a good location is;
Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street
353 1878 49 00
I have personally stayed here and loved the location.
Must request an accessible room when booking
Tell them your needs and wants so they can accommodate.
The hotel grounds are flat and accessible.
Hope this Helps!
If you need further info, don’t hesitate to contact me. Ireland is a wonderful choice, much to see and do, friendly people, good food, and rated one of the safest places to visit outside of the U.S.

1 Like

Hi @pf1313 thanks for posting! We shared your question anonymously for you on our Facebook page here so you can get recommendations from more members of our community :smiley:

Hi,

I’m Pinky, one of the new AccessibleGo Forum Moderators and wanted to share with you a great website I found for finding Accessible Hotels rooms in Dublin and all of Ireland. :shamrock: They have everything from hotels to manor houses and even some castles :european_castle:(Yes… I said accessible castle hotel rooms). Discovering Ireland: Accessible Lodging (be advised that website is a travel agency and I don’t know anything about them to be able to make any endorsements) :disguised_face:

Defiantly notice on the page that it mentions what the “shower cabin” :shower: situation is for each hotel; but I would check also with that hotel because it may have added additional rooms or made further accessible adaptations to the rooms. I hope this is helpful a bit.

Can’t wait for you to come back and share with us all that you did on your trip? :flight_arrival:There are lots of us who would love to go to Ireland too; and your advice on what you experience would be so helpful for us still waiting to go.

Have a great trip :heavy_heart_exclamation: :ireland:

Keep on traveling everyone; It’s our world too! :wheelchair: :earth_americas:

-Pinky :kissing_heart:

1 Like