Hotel Rooms

I echo the previous responses about accessible hotel rooms. My issues, in addition to those mentioned, are beds too high to get into and nothing stable to lean on to “jump” up into the bed. The one that never seems to be raised about accessible showers is that most of them flood the entire bathroom and sometimes the room outside the bathroom. These must be angled properly to drain quickly away from the room and the curtains must go to the floor. There could also be additional drains right outside the shower so if any water escapes it goes into a drain at the edge of the shower instead of flooding the room including the wheelchair if left close enough to the shower for a person who can’t walk to get into the shower themselves.

1 Like

Hi Joy, I’m Pinky :fairy:; one of your Forum Moderator’s. Welcome to our Forum and thank you for your posting.

Just have to say I totally get what you’re saying as we have gone through this ourselves several times and think your totally right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. So tired of having to build a towel fort around my wheelchair; or having to turn off the water too early, just because its about to hit my wheels.

Our hearts are with you as we completely empathize.
Let us know if we can help with anything to help educate hotels better about the bathroom drainage nightmare we all have been suffering from in poorly adapted roll-in showers.

Thank you,
Pinky :fairy:

Amen. We had a really bad experience in a hotel where woth water everywhere my partner fell and got hirt because the floor was soaked