Introduce Yourself!

Hi,
I’m Mary, age 69, from Nebraska but a Texan since 2010.
My husband & I have loved traveling the world since 2006!
I have multiple unseen disabilities: severe osteoporosis with high risk of fracture, osteoarthritis, macular degeneration in both eyes which causes depth perception issues, & asthma.
I was wheelchair bound with bone-on-bone hip when Covid hit, which delayed surgery. A year later I had a T12 compression fracture & surgery. I hope to never go through that again! And I’ve had three surgeries on my hands since then to try to get them to work better.
We were grounded from December 2018 to February 2022 due to medical & covid reasons, but we have been traveling since Feb.
We have taken 3 trips in-state, & 2 trips out-of-state. We have plans for 3 weeks in Alaska in Aug-Sep! One will be a cruise on Holland America, our first cruise.
My travel issues are walking any distance, never knowing how far I will be able to walk before something gives out; lack of depth perception, risk of falling & fracture, need for rest, inability to sit for long periods of time, & inability to tolerate temps of below freezing.
So I joined this group! Because travel planning & traveling are what keeps hope alive!

Hi Mary! Welcome, welcome! We are so excited to have you. These all sound like wonderful trips.

1 Like