Light weight rollator with wide seat

Looking for recommendations for a light weight rollator with wide seat. I have a bariatric rollator that’s too heavy to lift in and out of the car. I can’t stand without help getting out of regular height chairs. Having a light weight rollator would allow me to sit on the rollator and not have to asked for help in public places.
I need a wide seat because I carry most of my weight in my hips. Any advice will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Try Drive or MedLine. My current rollator is from Drive. It has a wide seat and is relatively lightweight (about 14 lbs. I think). It’s easy enough to swing into the back seat most of the time but I’ve had years to get used to it. I believe it’s rated for 250-300 lbs.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Drive carries a few rollators that might work for you. They have a Go-Lite Bariatric unit, Part #10215BL-1. It weighs 26 pounds and supports up to 500 pounds. The seat is 18" wide. They also carry the Nitro product line which features wider seats. The Nitro Aluminum Rollator #RTL10266, has an 18" wide seat, weighing 17.5 pounds and supporting weights up to 300 pounds. They also have a Nitro HD, #10266hd, which is the bariatric version. It has a 23" wide seat, weighs only 23 pounds and supports weights up to 450 pounds. Both of these products are side fold. I found one other product listed with Drive. It is an Airgo Fusion rollator, #700935bk. The seat on it is 19.5" wide, it weighs 17.1 pounds and supports up to 300 pounds.
I hope this helps you. If I can be if further assistance, please feel free to email me directly at mobilitymadesimple@yahoo.com.
Kathy

2 Likes

https://www.drivemedical.com/us/en/products/mobility/rollator-walkers/4-wheel-rollators/nitro-aluminum-rollator-10-casters/p/48-1
This is a good unit, 300 lb and large wheels that help with bumps and such.

2 Likes

I use a NOVA Mighty Mack. Not lightweight but I love it. I wouldn’t normally recommend it for someone who says they want a “lightweight” one, but you didn’t specify your weight, so it might work for you. It supports my almost 400 pounds and I can sling it into the back of my car by myself. I’ve had it for a few years now and it’s still going strong. It’s available on Amazon or through a medical supply company. The drawback is that it doesn’t fold up very well and I’ve had to take the back seats out of my car to accomodate it. But I don’t know what I’d do without it.

1 Like