Looking for accessible hotels in Burlington VT walking/rolling distance to UVM

I searched this site for an accessible hotel in Burlington, VT as our granddaughter is a student at UVM, but the closest hotels listed were in Williston, which is not within a quick walk/wheelchair roll of UVM. And since we won’t be renting a car, and getting my husband’s motorized wheelchair in and out of a car or public transportation is a pain, being within walking distance is critical. Any thoughts?

Hi @btc1951 - Patch here from accessibleGO. Thank you for your question. Please keep in mind that oftentimes, hotels do not put their accessible room inventory online. Some hotels control their accessible rooms only through their front desk and they are not bookable online. Therefore, we can call the hotel for you and make sure they have it available even if you don’t see it on our site.

You can find hotels in Burlington, VT here.

Depending on the dates you were looking for, there may be limited inventory. You can email us at Contact@accessibleGO.com for further assistance.

Keep in mind that Burlington is not flat. It is hilly and that goes for the University to. Keep that in mind when you plan to move around because it’s not necessarily easy. I was walking around before I was in a wheelchair but I noticed this a lot. My daughter went to university of Vermont. I

Please check out airbnb’s-- many are in local homes where you want to be. I often use air bnb instead of hotels because it does get me closer to my destination.

He will be in a motorized wheelchair that can handle the hills so he should be alright.

Under the ADA all hotels and motels must have an accessible room unless it is a historic building and it is impossible or it hasn’t been renovated in over 30 years since the ADA went into effect,