Nashville traveling for business

I will be traveling to Nashville for business for 2 days. Looking for suggestions for dining and lodging. I use a wheelchair but am able to walk about 10 steps and stand for transfers

1 Like

My husband & I were just there last week for his business. I have MS and use an electric scooter. We stayed at Holiday Inn Vanderbilt & they were very accommodating. I requested a shower stool and it was brought right up. Both entrances have handicap push buttons, but unfortunately only had 2 handicap parking spots in the self-parking lot out back. They also offer valet parking if you are interested in that.

We tried to eat at Luke Bryant’s & Jason Aldean’s but they weren’t accessible. Assembly Hall (on Broadway near Legends) was wonderful - lots of food & beverage choices & live music! We really liked going to SoBro & Gulch neighborhoods for dining.

Hope this helps & please let me know if you need anything else!
Mindy Marpoe

2 Likes

Depending on your budget you can stay downtown where you will be close to everything including lower broadway. Hotels in downtown run mostly luxury and boutique but there also some mid priced options as well.
A good option which is more reasonable is to stay up the bill in the Vanderbilt University area. There are a number of larger chain hotels in that area and lots of restaurants in a very walkable/wheelable area.
Keep in mind that Nashville is kind of built on a hill. Downtown starts on the Cumberland river and goes south from there up to where Vanderbilt is. So if you are staying near Vanderbilt and decide to wheel downtown it will all be downhill but uphill to get back. Also there are electric scooters all over the place and they are usually driven by really poor drivers.

2 Likes

The Hotel Indigo at downtown Nashvillle was great. I tend to be very picky with the handicapped rooms because not all of them have actual ADA complaint and this hotel was great. I am in a wheelchair full time and like you can walk a few steps only and need a shower seat - no problem. We loved the fact that we could walk (and roll) to several different restaurants and entertainment places.

2 Likes

I have a mobility scooter. We drove therefor carried my scooter. We stayed at the Drury in downtown Nashville which is right next to the The Omni, Excellent, Very close to the Convention Center which is totally handicapped accessible. The Omni was terrific. We went to three events there with absolutely no problem. Plenty of elevators and restrooms. We had no problem going to the venues we wanted–The Palm and Etch Restaurants, The Ryman, The Frist Center and most of the gift shops along Broadway. The Musicians Hall of Fame, which features some names you will recognize but also many who were “session players” who you may not know, is delightful. Of course the Country Music Hall of Fame is a must. At every place I felt welcomed. We had a very large group meeting there (close to 10K!).

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the great ideas

We always stay at the Drury Inn in Franklin. We love that Nashville is very walkable, roll able, but there are some bars and restaurants that are not accessible. I highly recommend Uncle Bud’s restaurant in Hendersonville. You won’t be disappointed. Nashville is one of my favorite cities to visit.

Thank you I will check out Uncle Buds.