Need a chair lift to go up and down stairs when visiting son

I need to get up and down stairs when visiting my son and wondered if it was possible to rent a stair lift to put on his stairs when I visit him. He would want something that didn’t actually attach to his stairs but some how could be placed on his stairs.

Good morning. This is something I used as a paramedic to get patients up and down stairs. There are companies in many cities that rent these or sell them. This could be keep in a car trunk to be used at your son’s house or other places you want to visit. Hope this helps.

Portable Mobile Stair Lift Rental

This equipment can also be rented. A portable mobile stair lift rental is perfect for those who need a temporary solution to getting up and down the stairs. Like for those recovering from surgery or a broken leg, rent one for a month or two and return it when you are done needing it.

This is how one person uses the portable chairlift to get you up or down the stairs. It is very safe and is much safer than trying to walk up or down when you have mobility issues.

1 Like

Hello hello! Emily here from accessibleGO. I’ve done some research and the short answer is, yes it’s very possible to do so! But it’s pretty costly unfortunately - ranging from $3500 - $4500 from what I’ve found.

It depends on what part of the country you’re in on what companies are available for you to use. This one company, Stannah, seems to specialize in temporary stairlifts. Temporary meaning ~6 months. The cost does seem to cover installation and removal, which is great.

Here’s some more information! Stairlift Prices: How Much Does a Stairlift Cost?

1 Like