Pigeon Forge, TN hotels with beds that can accommodate a Hoyer lift?

From a member of our community;

My husband is wheelchair bound. We use to travel all the time but we have so much difficulty now. I use an electronic (battery charge) Hoyer Lift. Most hotels have changed to the platform style beds. We can not stay anywhere unless there is a kingsize bed that has at least a 4 inch access underneath so the wheels can go under the bed. It also needs to be a room with the head of the bed on the right side wall as you enter the room to accommodate room to transfer. We want to go to Pigeon Forge, Tenn. in the fall, and it appears to be the same problem. Does anyone know of a hotel that would meet our needs?

We were recently in Pigeon Forge and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. https://www.countryinns.com/pigeon-forge-hotel-tn-37863/usapgtn?s_cid=os.amer-us-cis-USAPGTN-gmb

I can’t remember if they had platform beds or not. We had an accessible room, the beds were on the left as you walked in. Contact the hotel and ask. The staff were very friendly and attentive during our stay.

This place apparently is wheelchair accessible:
https://littlevalleymountainresort.com/cabin-rentals/handicap-accessible-cabins/

There are also other accessible cabin rentals in the area. I was recently in touch with a travel agent who specializes in accessible travel and she specifically recommended Pigeon Forge. I have never been but we are hoping to go next year.

The blog/website Curb Free with Cory Lee also has information on accessibility of Pigeon Forge.
Hope that helps!!

I was recently I. The Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area before Christmas. We stayed at the Black Fox Lodge at P Forge, and it is part of Hilton chain. I don’t know about beds but we had an accessible suite as I use walker and need walkin or rollin shower as I cannot crawl over side of tub. Very nice and very welcoming. On arrival it was freezing outside and wind was ferocious. The lobby had a cheery fire, hot cider, to welcome us in from the cold. Great hot breakfast in the mornings.

I would call direct rather than go through a website. I find on site help knows much more than a call center operator and sometimes you get specials by calling direct.

Kitty Wright