<--! Google Search Console Site Verification -->

Scooter accessibility in Maui

My husband and I are planning a trip to Maui. I usually use a walker, but will rent a mobility scooter in Maui. Are most attractions accessible? What about trails? And Beaches? IIs it possible to rent an “all terrain” scooter of some sort? Is there a guidebook written for the disabled? Thank you in advance for your help.

I don’t have answers to most of your questions as I’ve never been to Hawaii. I’ve been to beaches in the Caribbean where they rented ‘beach wheelchairs’. They have huge wheels so can go through the sand. Of course that would require someone to push you unless you’re pretty strong. It sounds like a great trip.

Susan

Hi @marybrizzi, thanks for posting! You can see all of our resources for Maui here, including lists of equipment rental providers, attractions, and tour companies. We also have articles about the top accessible attractions and a sample 48 hour itinerary.

We shared your question on our Facebook page here as well so more members of our community can provide recommendations. :slight_smile:

Thank you! The information is helpful, although I find the hotel prices to be high. I have found a condo rental for less.