Sloped Entry / Walk In Pools

From a community member:

We are looking to go to the northeast part of Florida. We actually book hotels based on their pool access. 😊

We were looking at Jacksonville, Orlando, New Smyrna Beach, St. Augustine….that area. We just want a nice place where there is easy entry (sloped / walk in) into the pool…

I’m interested in knowing which Hotels or Motels accommodated your expectations. Also, how do you determine a hotel has a walk in pool?

What you want to ask for is a zero degree or beach entry. The Orange Lake Resort in Kissimmee has this at their Lazy River pool. We need this too. Good luck in finding more. I will be following!

1 Like

The Margaritaville Resort Orlando in Kissimmee also has a beach entry/zero slope at their larger pool.

I’m looking for a hotel/motel in St. Augustine or nearby that has an indoor or outdoor pool with a lift for entry.

Hi,
It’s Pinky :fairy:, one of your Forum Moderator’s. Welcome to our Forum and I am so happy to see some of our other members have made some great suggestions. Since I happen to be a swim addict myself, I thought I might throw you a few suggestions. Your looking over a big area, so I will try to give you a handful to get you started, but if there ends up being a more specific area you want me to check; just let me know and I will get more area focused.

1. Orlando World Center Marriott - This hotel has it’s own waterpark with both zero slope and beach entry in quite a few area’s of the waterpark. Staying in the hotel gives you passes for 4 each day as included in your resort fee.

2. Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek - Another gorgeous resort with zero-entry pools and a small waterpark mixed in. Plus a bonus; staying at this resort also gives you access to the adjacent Waldorf Astoria Pool, also with zero-entry pools. Both resorts offer Cabana’s for rent for the day.

3. Omni Orlando Resort at Champions Gate - Yes, another Orlando resort; but they have some amazing pools in that town. This one will not let you down either. Another resort with a waterpark mixed in, bringing you a giant family pool with zero-entry. Technically the wave pool has zero-entry; but enter at your own risk. Cabana’s also available at this resort.

4. Walt Disney World Four Seasons Orlando - (Please don’t kill me) Not only does this place have an AMAZING pool and waterpark with zero-entry, but it’s an actual Disney resort; so all those perks of staying in the park apply to you when staying here (including early entry).

5. Postcard Inn on the Beach - St. Petersburg famous hotel with the most adorable vintage style beachside pool. Sadly, no zero entry; however, they have a pool lift on one side and wide stairs on the other. I know its not exactly what you are looking for, but worth a looksy.

6. Legoland Hotel Winterhaven Florida - Now you didn’t say if you were looking for a family friendly hotel, but in case you are; you MUST check this place out! Yes, it is as cool as it sounds and has a zero-entry pool. But wait till you see things like the “build-a-raft” for the lazy river, I so want to be a kid again.

7. Hammock Beach Resort Palm Coast - This place is stunning! Outside they have a zero-entry beach pool and if it’s a little too cool, they have a huge indoor pool too with a chair lift. This resort is loaded with other activities and you will love this area of Florida. So quiet and less crowded.

8. The Henderson Beach Resort Destin - Definitely more of a grown-up resort when you want a slower paced vacation. The pool has zero-entry for you; I triple checked from google photos. I was ready to book this place just from the video on it’s homepage.

9. Sandpearl Resort Clearwater - Centrally located right on the beach, this place has a fabulous pool with zero entry. I can’t tell if it’s the adult pool or family pool, but wasn’t sure which type you were looking for anyway. Great activities at this resort and they have a marina too for some watersports.

10. Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center Cypress Springs - Another resort near Disney, but you won’t be able to tell you’ve left the theme park there. Several pools and a waterpark with zero entry in a few places. Noticed they also have poolside cabana’s for rent if you are seeking a more private space when spending the day at the pool.

Probably was a bit more than you were asking for, but sometimes I get on a binge to hunt this kind of information down for folks on the Forum. (I enjoy it). There are several more resorts in Orlando, Miami and the Naples area I noticed with zero entry pools. Anywhere they have the giant sized hotels; well… sometimes the small ones do too, but I was aiming for the best for you. If for some reason none of these work for you, please let me know and I will find you some more.

To our new member jpielemeie; Welcome to the Forum!. Please check out the Hammock Beach Resort (#7 and Postcards on the Beach (#5) for your trip. If that is not the right thing, let me know and I will also find you some more options.

Also, Welcome new member Conniehartke to the Forum! Your suggestion was perfect! It looks amazing. I wanna go now.

Looking forward to seeing where you ended up. Please come back and fill us in on your trips.

Safe Journeys my Friends,
Pinky :fairy: