St. Augustine Suggestions

From a member of our community:

Hello! We are booked for a week in September at the Beach Club at St Augustine. Wondering if any of you have navigated downtown or at the beach with a power chair. The resort does have accessible rooms (and they are moving us there) although the bed frame is platform with no clearance for lift. They did offer us the pull out sofa which will have clearance underneath for the Hoyer lift. So much to consider! Thankful to have discovered the group. Any St Augustine advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

1 Like

We stayed in St Augustine for 1 night in July. It’s a marvelous town. You’ll enjoy it!

1 Like

Hi Emelyward32; I am Marco, I have few suggestions. Since you already have a hotel I will skip the handicap accessible hotel I had in mind. Things to do:

1. Boat Ride $34
  2. Trolly Tour $38
  3. Sunset Cruise $46
  4. Wine testing $50
  5. Restaurant Tour $125
  6. Private Tour $200

Have Fun

3 Likes

Alligator farm, distillery, historical fort, downtown shopping or museum. Beach wheelchair are available for rent, and several other cities in Florida offer free beach wheelchairs donated by local fire departments.
Beaches vary drastically from ocean side to Gulf side, water clarity/temperature and sand whiter and squeakier as you go south to north on Gulf side.

Kayaking with entry assistance is a wonderful accessible activity to experience the area.

1 Like

St. Augustine - I have used my power wheelchair to go to the Fort, St. Augustine Beach, the Lions Bridge and Madame Tussauds wax museum. All of these are wheelchair accessible. There is a trolley that goes around to the major tourist sites but there is no lift for a wheelchair.

1 Like