Tour Recommendations

From a community member:

I’m looking for travel tours for disabled people. I’d like to travel independently, but not necessarily alone. Do you have any recommendations?

5 Likes

Following this post because me too!

1 Like

Following for the same reason.

1 Like

Also, following for the same reasons.

1 Like

Following for the same reason.

1 Like

I too am interested.

1 Like

Me too should we start a group?

1 Like

Look up Wheel of the world its been very helpful for my husband and I

2 Likes

I’m interested as well.

1 Like

Try Sage Travel.
They are out of TX . The owner is in a wheelchair. They have a website and go all over

1 Like

Me, too. I’m able to travel independently, but don’t want to travel alone.

1 Like

Right there with you. Accessibility is an issue for my husband and myself but we love to travel. It is apt to become more difficult and group travel may be more appealing than independent. Pls keep us in the loop. Thank you.

Hi - I found this company on-line which may be helpful - Accessible Travel Experiences and Accommodations

My husband and I would love to travel with a group of adults with disabilities.

1 Like

We are going to Pittsburgh for two days before a cruise what is there to do for a senior with disabilities? Also we are going to St. Louis for two days?

1 Like

Hi gf407! I am not from those two cities, but I travel there often. I am a Steelers fan! In Pittsburgh, you can drive up and down the steepest street in the US or if you’re like me, drive up and down a few times! There is a bicycle museum that’s interesting. It has a step free entrance, but there is an upper level and I’m unsure if there is an elevator. I was able to use the very narrow stairs the first time I went and stayed in my chair on the lower level the second time. The Andy Warhol museum is fully accessible. There is a beautiful river walk area near Heinz field and if you’re thinking about a football game, you just buy regular tickets and you are moved to the accessible area on whichever level your seats are on. The Strip district is fun, shopping, restaurants, bars. Be careful there, lots of brick …sidewalks and old buildings, but there is a lot of outdoor seating. Alright now for St. Louis, Soulard is a neighborhood with restaurants, bars, shopping and live music! Check out the farmers market and the Anheuser-Busch factory. There are guided tours and you get to see the Clydesdales, all accessible. If you’re looking for a great Italian dinner, go to the Hill neighborhood. I haven’t been into the Arch, but there is the Gateway museum down there along with a strip of restaurants, bars, etc. I had no trouble navigating that area in my chair. If you’re into sports, take in a game as the stadiums are accessible and staff are friendly! I am sure there many more things to do in each city, but these are just a few things I know about. Hope you have a great time!! :blush: