Transportation

Going to Victoria BC with my sisters at the end of the month.
I have a battery operated wheelchair that folds up.
What is the best way to get from the airport to my sister’s time share?
Also, any suggestions of places to go besides Buschardt Gardens and Empress Hotel?

Victoria is a very accessible city although curb cuts are not in every neighborhood. Downtown is good. The provincial museum is very nice. There are miles (kilometers in Canada) of waterfront to roll around and explore. Lots of restaurants as well.
Getting from the airport shouldn’t be a problem. There are accessible taxis available and of course public transit.

Hi! I am personally not very familiar with Victoria, but I have traveled a ton with a foldable wheelchair! I cannot drive any car that is not my own, which makes renting a car difficult when I am traveling alone. So, when that is the case, I rely on Ubers/Lyfts/taxis to take me where I want to go. I try to factor in the price and cut back in other places, as its usually the pricier option, My foldable wheelchair can fit into almost any car, besides small sports cars. I have issues where I need to get creative like putting the chair in the front seat vs. the trunk maybe 5% of the time. This is usually if the trunk is broken and cannot open or the car has a full trunk already.

My other suggestion would be to rent a mid-size SUV if you can drive, as this would allow for ample trunk space.

I’m unfamiliar with public transportation in Victoria, but could be a more affordable option to explore.

Happy Traveling!