Trips with cooler summer weather

From a community member:

I’m looking for suggestions for places to travel in the summer that have cooler weather. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well depending where you live, head north. It might be cooler, but no guarantees. If you’re able financially.

I have MS. The heat takes a toll, so we head to Michigan. The Lake Michigan beaches are wonderful. I’ve traveled a lot in my life, so I think I can say that honestly. Their waves are larger than most of Florida’s beaches. You’d never know you’re not at an ocean other than the lack of salty air. We’ve only been there one time when it was hot and humid and that only lasted one day. Let me know if you have any questions! Also, Lake Huron beaches and water are not nearly as nice.

We like to go to Maine. The normal weather pattern has it at around 75-80 degrees. If you are on the coast (and it is a very long coast) there is usually a good breeze coming off the water. Most places around Bar Harbor are handicapped friendly. There are some delightful B&B’s which can accommodate scooters and wheelchairs. We sold our cottage on Campobello Island in New Brunswick, Canada. You may look online for places to stay there, too.

The Pacific Northwest is beautiful in the summer. Places like Anacortes Washington, San Juan Islands, Newport Oregon. They are small towns and quite lovely. Leavenworth is also nice and in the North Cascades Washington state.

1 Like

Yes, come to western Washington where we are still celebrating Juneuary.