Using Paratransit Between States or Regions



I qualify for Paratransit in my home state and have “visitor status” in my neighboring states. My question is how do I get from one Paratransit coverage area to the other?



Hi! I was recently approved for paratransit, in my own county. I read that it’s not transferrable to other counties. I live in Pinellas County Florida. I’m not sure if there’s some sort of special permit for travel. Please let me know, if you find out.


Hi @jctige,

You have to apply for visitor status in the other counties. They honor your existing eligibility status that way. This entitles you to use it for 21 days out of a year - with no additional assessments needed.

  • Sarah