Vermont hotels that have good wheelchair accessible lower beds

Trying to find wheelchair accessible options for my 93 year old mom who has polio and needs lower beds for transfer. Any advice for Central Vermont? My son is getting married in Waitsfield and I’m trying to get my mom there!

Call the hotel you’re going to. Asked for a room with a rolling shower, shower, seat, handicap, toilet with bars, and request that they put the bed on the floor directly without the frame so it lowers the bed for her. I have done it many times makes life a little bit easier especially if she’s going to transfer from the wheelchair to the bed. Good luck at your son’s wedding. I think grandma will have a great time.

1 Like

Thank you! The bed is the big issue. You’ve had no problem with hotels honoring the request ?

1 Like

@barbara.rachelson - Patch here from accessibleGO. We’d be more than happy to help you find a hotel with the features that you need. I’ll send you a direct message in order to get dates and other information.

1 Like

If you are driving, do not expect the highway rest stops to be handicap accessible. We drove up to a wedding a few years ago and had a very hard time finding a place to stop. Even the tourist information offices were not only without accessible bathrooms, but there were steps to get in. I actually wound up going to a ski shop across from the tourist information office.

1 Like