Walk in pools

Any suggestions for hotels/Resorts with walk in pools? Looking in New England or down the east coast.

Hi Imetbc. It’s Pinky :fairy:, one of your Forum moderator’s :crystal_ball:; and I thought I would try and help with a suggestion for you.

Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with any outdoor resorts that I could personally endorse in the New England are. Unless you are ok with indoor pools? Then I would check out the Great Wolf Lodge website and see if any of their properties might work better for you? I have heard great things from people who have been to the one in Massachusetts and the one in the Poconos.

But… if you don’t mind taking a trip down to Florida; then Disney resorts are the “BEST” when it comes to designing amazing zero-entry pools and water activities at so many of their resorts and water parks. (Disney has been great in recent years in making sure to design all of their activities are accessible to everyone who visit). These resorts have amazing pools worth checking out:

Caribbean Beach Resort

Polynesian Resort

Grand Floridian Resort

Animal Kingdom Lodge

Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - which now offers TWO of the zero-depth entry pools.

Stormalong Bay at The Beach Club Resort - has a “wading area” that is zero-depth entry, but it also has a sandy bottom in spot.

Coronado Springs Resort

Big Blue Pool @ Disney Art of Animation Resort - Disneyworld’s largest pool!

Hoping your a Disney Fan? I always encourage folks to stay in the park when going on vacation there. It just makes things easier with transportation throughout all the activities in the parks. You can use your own car, but most of the Disney Transportation services are all wheelchair accessible and they go out of their way to be so helpful there. (Something in the Disney water starts making everyone act so nice there!). But staying at the resorts with the big pools is like getting to go on two vacations at once. Plus, that’s where you usually can find the only Disney Bars for the grown-up fans on holiday in Disneyworld.

I will keep an eye out for more cool pools with Zero-entries at resorts for you. Thankfully they are becoming more common in newer resorts with pools, who are more likely to construct everything to meet ADA compliance. Please let us know a few more details about what kind of places you like to visit, and it might be easier to track down some great pools for you (when you have a moment)?

Have a fabulous Summer and if I can be of any other assistance, just let me know; it’s my pleasure to help. Don’t forget to come back and let us know what pools you checked out? It would be helpful to me and so many of your fellow Forum members to learn about where to find great accessible pools.

• Keep on traveling everyone; It’s our world too! :wheelchair: :earth_americas:

• -Pinky :fairy: :kissing_heart: