What disability publications, magazines, news outlets, and social media influencers do you rely on and follow for the latest information and buzz in the community?

We’re putting together a list here at accessibleGO and we’re curious about who you’re reading and following and where! Let us know. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Abroad Ability on YouTube because i know her

1 Like

I’m reading your publication and have offered advice to others

1 Like

Curb Free with Cory Lee, Spin the Globe with Sylvia Longmire, wheelchair travel with John Morris.

Abilities.com is pretty good too.

2 Likes

New Mobility has been a go to for a long time

3 Likes

Alex Dacy, aka @wheelchair_rapunzel on Instagram. She (SMA) and her boyfriend (able bodied) are sharing their pregnancy and it’s been so much fun to follow!

2 Likes

New Mobility for a long time, as well.

3 Likes

Spin the Globe on Facebook

1 Like

Diabetes Self Management has always been a valuable resource; much better than the magazine put out from the AmDiaAssn. Quizzes, research, recipes, my fave column is “What Your Doctor is Reading” & the shopping lists.

Spinal Cord Peer Support USA on Facebook

1 Like

In addition to other suggestion, add accessible travel writer Candy Harrington who writes for Wheelers and Slow-Walkers.

1 Like

could you tell me the size of the front tires?

jmd

I have subscribed to New Mobility for years as well!

1 Like

Hearing Loss Association of America
Hearing Loss Community
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Support
Cochlear America

As you can probably tell, I’m a person with a different type of disability. For me, my accessible needs are much different than most in this group.

1 Like

@jodimil totally - perhaps we don’t focus enough on hearing issues! the reason i became involved with accessibleGO is because of my Mom, who is almost completely deaf. so (personally!) i would love to hear & learn more about your experience.

I got my first hearing aids when I was 23, progressive hearing loss. Now in my 60’s with a Cochlear Implant on one side and hearing aid in the other. Thinking about getting a second Implant.

I don’t like to travel alone because of my hearing loss. Not hearing someone at the hotel door and not always able to use the peep hole because I’m short makes me very nervous. Accommodations are hit and miss. Hotel workers don’t know where visual alerts are kept, how to set them up, or what they are required to do. Another problem is they have provided an ASL interpreter, which does me no good at all because I don’t sign.
Let me know if you have questions.