What's on your travel bucket list for 2023?

Where are we dreaming to go this year?

For me: I have always, always wanted to go to Alaska and I think this is the year I’m going to finally make it happen. I’ve been putting it off for so long, always for one reason or another (and, with COVID!, sometimes very legitimate reason)—but this year I am DOING it.

Anybody else planning to make a travel dream come true in 2023?

3 Likes

I have visited 26 countries --alone. I look forward to visiting them again with my son now that he is 18

1 Like

Dollywood and a bear festival in n c with my wife

1 Like

We’re going to Ft. Myers soon and would like to know about accessible activities to do in this area. Have found the botanical gardens and zoo in Naples.

Anywhere were I can meet and party with other crip-folks. Had thought a lot of going on Cory Lee’s Barcelona adventure – sounded like he had a second trip lined up that he wouldn’t be on. Frankly, more interested in people than places. May go to the DisabilityIN conference in Miami this July and hang out for a while.

2 Likes

My husband and I are planning on going to Alaska at the end of this August. We were on an Alaskan cruise about 14 years ago and last year did a land and sea package. This year we are renting a car and going to some places we still have not been to and spend about 7-10 days just in Homer.

3 Likes

I am taking 2 cruises. One, the Caribbean and the other is transatlantic to Europe and Middle East.

3 Likes

Ours is to one day take our beautiful Autistic girl to her dream world Disneyland!!! Hopefully we can make it happen when we go to California in May my baby is 13 yrs old and intellectually delayed she’s on a 4 year old level and has a great memory her only concerns are watching her favorite Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse ( Disney Jr) and her favorite Mickey Mouse stuffed toy her Snuggie it goes everywhere with her. So to see him in real life would be the ultimate dream come true!!! Just hope we can afford it :pray:

4 Likes

We have been ti Alaska several times using scooters and it never gets old. The cruise ships make it easy to see Alaska and mist of the stops have piers that are easy to get on and off without stairs or tender boats. This summer we are doing a British Isles cruise followed by a Norway and Iceland cruise, then a Greek Islands tour by Insight using ferries, then a Norwevian tour of Greece and the southern Slavic countries

1 Like

I would go to a travel agency and build a tour surrounding the special things they do for people with special kids. Like breakfast with the characters. They’ll come up with a payment plan.
Our first trip to Disney World was booked by my husband at a travel agency and it was perfect!
I’d suggest calling Disney and see what they offer. We’ve stayed in the park also one weekend and the tram is so convenient.
Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

Thank You!!! :innocent: I appreciate your feedback!!

We are doing a family cruise to Alaska (23 of us) but also spending 3 days before cruise (10 of us) in San Francisco and then 8 days after cruise (7 of us) going up to N. CA Redwoods and down PCH 1 to LA before heading home. SSOOOO excited!!!

1 Like

I want to go to London.

1 Like

I went to Disneyland the year before covid and they were so helpful. I use a motorized wheelchair. They bent over backward to make sure I could do what I wanted. I stayed at one of the hotels on the grounds but there were many less expensive options. It is just that the hotels on the grounds offered amenities like early entry and better transportation for my wheelchair. There were food options that were very affordable and you could always pack snacks and meals.

3 Likes

Can you provide details about the bear festival? I have a good friend that loves bears. I would like to take her. We are in North Carolina.

2 Likes

It is in Plymouth n c the saturday after memorial day. They are having a air show. Hot air ballon rides. Boat rides on the river with either pontoon boats or air boats. Air condited bus rides to look for bears friday and saturday. The museums in Plymouth will be open. Fireworks saturday night. The balloon rides and boats. Buses requires admission and some reservations which are not up yet. Type in north carolina bear festival and the old 2022 page should come up.

2 Likes

Wow, this sounds like a lot of fun. I will check into it.

~Hope

2 Likes

This will be our first tima attending. They do have hotels in the edenton area about a half hour north.

2 Likes

@matthew.brandley omg i just looked up the bear festival. at first, i thought it was a typo and you meant “beer festival.” the bear festival is so much better than i could ever have dreamaed. now i want to come to NC and go to that, haha.

2 Likes

@pepiton5 this sounds sooooooo funn!! ahh!